I don't have the exact address, but it's in Golden Mile Food Centre along Beach Road. And stop commenting that this is far from your home. You're lucky that we count distance in minutes (OK! other than centimetres, metres and kilometres) as compared to giant countries like the States where they count in hours, or even days. Greatness. o.O OK, from where I live, it's just a 20 minute drive. As most of my readers live in the East (no reference! hehe), I suppose this is a rather accessible location. Except for the fact that the nearest MRT station is a few hundred metres away. :) OK, cut the crap, straight to the point.
Golden Mile Food Centre is a unique hawker centre that has 2 storeys. BUT. The first storey is not on ground floor. It's halfway through basement 1 and ground floor. Yup, and the second storey is between ground floor and a normal second floor. In short, you have to climb half a floor of stairs no matter which storey you are going to. Messed? Never mind, will show you the map (sponsored) by Google Maps. Did I say sponsored, well, actually, no. Haha. :) But I will post it here for the readers. OH MY GOODNESS I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY WROTE THREE WHOLE PARAGRAPHS OF TOTAL RUBBISH!!! :O OK, now I'm doing the real thing. Sorry! :)
OK, the stall is located at the lower floor. It is in the middle of a row situated right in front of the staircases. You can't miss it. Or rather, you can't miss the queue. Wait. Is there a queue? OH! There's no queue. They serve the delicious and piping hot chicken rice to your table. Good service, eh? Waiting time is approximately 15-20 minutes. But it's worth the wait! When the fragrant rice and succulent chicken comes, you know you didn't waste your time. Never. To start off, the rice already teleports you to Foodland. You know, Foodland? Aah, nevermind. Fragrant, lovely-smelling rice where they are 粒粒分明, not clumped together. Bring a spoonful of chicken rice to your mouth... Yum! :) The chicken is so tender and succulent. Not hard, not squishy, but with a wonderful texture. The skin is so chewy... dip the chicken into the gravy. Not too salty, but very nice! :P You can't resist the chili. Because it is so SPICY. Get the tinge of spice on your tongue and you won't stop (until it burns off your tongue :P) The chicken rice is served with black sauce and a home-made soup. Along with cucumbers.
That's not it. A half-chicken meal is a good deal. It's only like $9!!! AAAHHHH!!! *screams* OK, that's enough. It's really worth the wait. Really. Go on, try it out.
Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice
Golden Mile Food Centre
Beach Road
#B1-35
Nearest MRT Station: Nicoll Highway (400 metres away)
Rating: 8.75/10
View Larger Map
2 comments:
wow, must be nice. but for $9, is it tt worth it?
Of course. You won't know unless you try it. Anyway, $9 is already quite cheap for half-chicken. A few weeks ago we had $11 at some coffeeshop in Yishun.
Post a Comment