Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wonderful Western Food in CBD District

The restaurant I went to yesterday was Josh and Joey's Rotisserie Grill at 8 Shenton Way. When we entered the partially underground restaurant, it was rather empty and quiet as there were only a few customers. The waiter brought us to a row of tables where we sat down and flipped open the menu. It was small and simple; yet enough details and pictures to tell customers about the food item. However, no one ordered from that menu as there was a lunch set 'promotion'.

I ordered Provence Herb Baked Fish, and Mushroom Soup. We got our complimentary Garlic Bread first, followed by our soups, which we dipped our bread into. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! YUMMY!!! :P Then came our drinks, typically Iced Lemon Teas, if you didn't want to change them. Soon after, our main dishes arrived and everyone started eating. There were potato chunks and french beans on my plate too, other than the fish. I poured a generous amount of chili sauce onto my plate near the tartar sauce, and started eating too.

First I ate the fish. It was very soft and tender, and when I dipped it into the chili sauce AND the tartar sauce, it was INCREDIBLY TASTY. Hot from the oven, I guess, I was really nice. The potatoes were grilled, or baked, with herbs to bring out a fragrant but not too strong herbal taste. You know, those chopped up leaves or something like that. It had already a sauce of its own so I didn't dip it into either of the other 2 sauces. The result: very soft potato grilled in a very nice-smelling way. Next I had some french beans. Even though it was cooked without any special sauce or herbs or whatever, these crunchy greenies didn't seem as bland as I thought they would be. Simple cook, or fry, it was delicious!!! :) And everyone finished everything on their plates! Well, almost everything, excluding the inedible parts like bones.

I recommend this restaurant to all those who LOVE Western food, at an affordable price. Mine was $14.90 ++!!! Directions to get there: Take MRT to Tanjong Pagar MRT Station, and exit at Exit E. Go to Basement 1 and find Josh and Joey's Rotisserie Grill!!! It's easy to find!

Rating: 8.5/10

No comments: